First Week in Beautiful Oxford by Chris Nabers

I cannot believe that just a couple weeks ago I was annoyed at the hassle of getting ready to depart for Oxford. Not really knowing anyone that was going on the trip probably had a lot to do with that. The plane ride to London-Heathrow did not help matters. Heavy turbulence bombarded us the entire way and my aspirations of sleeping on the plane were quickly smashed. However, once we finally arrived the atmosphere was surreal. My entire outlook on the trip did a one-eighty once we stepped out of the airport and began the ride to our destination of Oxford. It was a dismal day but with temperatures in the sixties, what Texan wouldn’t feel great.

When we finally arrived in Oxford, the entire town was like nothing I had ever seen. Spires and old English buildings (some built before our country was even formed) lined the street. It was absolutely amazing. During that entire first week, I spent most of my time in class, getting acquainted with the other students, and roaming the streets of Oxford. I met some really great people and got to see some astounding sites from Oxford University. From going to restaurants such as the Eagle and Child (a place that was frequented by C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien back in their prime), to traversing through Oxford, camera in hand, like a good American tourist, I have had a great experience.

0 Responses on "First Week in Beautiful Oxford by Chris Nabers"

Post a Comment