A Mini Tour of the Mini Cooper - Christiana Kotyk (June 10, 2010)

My MIS class had the chance to visit the place where BMW Mini Coopers were manufactured and assembled and then shipped out to the dealers to be sold. Now, I had always had an admiration for the Mini Cooper and would always get a kick out of seeing one driving on the streets of America. But after seeing all the team members and robots put together and assemble a mini cooper, I believe I would be speaking for my entire MIS class when I say that I really wanted to just go out, buy a mini cooper and drive one! :-) The tour itself was very interesting to observe. There were so many robots putting together the bare skeleton of three types of Mini Coopers. Each car had to be measured precisely to make sure that the size was accurate. If it wasn't then everything would come to a halt and then the car would be removed. Our tour guide was very friendly and helped make the experience very unique and enjoyable for us. Afterwards our class got to observe the assembling of the Mini Cooper when it receives the windows, tires, dashboard, lights, engine and each step of way included workers performing tests on every single component to make sure that everything was functioning properly! It felt really amazing to see the finished car drive away to the various countries in the world where it would be sold and I'm hoping that someday in the future, I will get to drive away in a Mini-Cooper!

0 Responses on "A Mini Tour of the Mini Cooper - Christiana Kotyk (June 10, 2010)"

Post a Comment