London Trip - June 5th, 2010

Today was a great day. I had the privilege of spending a day in London with two awesome guys, Charles Levitte and Mike Aguilar. However, it started off a little slow. The night before we had planned to be ready to go at 6:50 am, so I set the alarm to my watch to wake me up at 6:00. Although, I didn’t factor that I’m still adjusting to the time change. Mike ended up having to wake me up at 6:45 from my coma. But due to speediness, we were on the streets before 7:00 to walk to the train station to catch the 7:30 train to London. Once we arrived at London, we immediately immersed ourselves in a crash course in the London underground. After 30 seconds of learning the ropes, for a second I forgot that I wasn’t from London because of how good we were getting around. We were able to see so much in just one day. We went to St. Paul’s Cathedral, changing of the guards at Buckingham, Harrods, Big Ben, Parliament, the London Eye, and Westminster Abbey. I was pretty pleased with how we did. We then returned back to Oxford around 7:00 pm and had some amazing conversations that will stick with me for the rest of my life. I felt like I truly experienced what study abroad was all about, creating close friendships and experiencing a different life style with people that by only studying abroad brought together. It was the perfect way to end a productive day.


--Brandon Fry (June 2010)

0 Responses on "London Trip - June 5th, 2010"

Post a Comment