A New Set of Eyes - Brandon Fry

So this past weekend the Coba in Oxford Group took a 4 day trip over to Paris, France. And let me tell you…it was incredible! It was fascinating getting to see and experience so much history all in one city. From attending Mass in Notre Dame to seeing magnificent art in the Louvre to watching the world cup on a big screen in front of the Eiffel Tower, the whole experience is still so surreal. I use to not be a big fan of art, but after going to multiple art museums I now have a new appreciation for it. Each painting or sculpture tells a story or an event either in history or their life and it is fascinating to me that I get to see a glimpse of that 100 of years later. To see painting inspired by emotion and feelings that reach into the heart and soul of its viewers is absolutely a priceless experience

Not only do I have a new outlook to art, but I now look at Oxford in a different light. After being in big cities like London and Paris, I appreciate the calmness and peacefulness of Oxford. There isn’t a constant hustle and bustle and the people are just so chill. Oxford has so much beauty and history within its own city limits and it sad that it took me going somewhere else to see what was already in front of me. The same is true back in the states. We are all such privileged people and we really take for granted things that we use on a daily bases. God has blessed our country tremendously and we need to consistently give thanks for that. Life is full of lessons; it’s amazing that they all seemed to happen in different ways and end up creating a new set of eyes

0 Responses on "A New Set of Eyes - Brandon Fry"

Post a Comment