A Weekend to Remember by Chris Nabers

I have never been much of a “tourist” when I go on trips or vacations. By this I mean that I am not as interested in seeing all the usual sites as I am with experiencing the actual place and culture. I can honestly say that I “experienced” Paris this past weekend. It was amazing walking around Paris with a friend (Charles Levitte, golfer extraordinaire) who is from France. I think the highlight of my trip was the day he took several of us to meet his parents and to eat at one of their favorite traditional French restaurants in Paris. Even though there were language barriers preventing us from directly speaking with his parents, using eye contact and body language turned out to be great means of communication. Also the fact that Charles speaks both English and French helped too. We each ordered separate dishes and desserts that were absolutely delectable. When people say that English food is less than memorable, they are right, but anyone who does not enjoy true French food has something wrong with them. I ordered the duck, which my family knows is my absolute favorite thing to eat, and it had to be one of the best meals that I have ever eaten. I followed this wonderful meal up with an amazing dessert and unfortunately cannot remember what it was called. It was astonishing how every part of the meal complemented one another making everything taste better. Realistically I think I could write a book concerning all of my experiences in Paris, but this one really stood out. I enjoyed those four days in Paris; all of the beautiful architecture, impressionist art, religious art and architecture, and most of all the culture in general. It was a great experience that I hope to relive one day but will certainly never forget.

0 Responses on "A Weekend to Remember by Chris Nabers"

Post a Comment